Five Mental Health Habits To Kick Right Now
Get your mental health back on track with these five habits to kick right now!
- Comparing yourself to others: When you compare yourself to others, you’re setting up a standard that’s impossible for anyone else to meet. You’re also setting yourself up for failure because there will always be someone who’s doing better than you, and you’ll never catch up. Stop it!
- Overthinking the future: If there’s one thing we know about the future, it’s that it’s unpredictable—so stop stressing over what might happen and focus on what is happening right now! Because guess what? You can’t control what happens tomorrow, but you can control how prepared you are today. So get out there and live your life! You’ll never regret it 🙂
- Counting your failures: Failure is part of life—you’ll fail at some things in life no matter how hard you work at them or how much skill or experience you have under your belt. Every time something doesn’t go according to plan, just remind yourself that failures are lessons learned along the way toward success! And then dust yourself off and keep going forward with confidence!
- Lacking gratitude and appreciation is detrimental to your mental health. This means that if you’re constantly focusing on what you don’t have, or how much more someone else has than you, it can lead to an increase in stress levels, which can cause everything from anxiety to depression.
- Drinking too much alcohol or caffeine is also detrimental to your mental health. If you’re drinking alcohol or coffee from first thing in the morning until bedtime, your body will not be able to relax because it will be flooded with stimulants all day long. And that leads us back around to feeling anxious and stressed out—which is no fun for anyone!